We had gone to our regular vet, he referred us to the Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital. They ran x-rays, had him seen by a neurologist, and decided that he needed to have an MRI the next day. He went back in to the hospital and was seen by a cardiologist, had an MRI done, and had surgery.
Bucket went through the surgery and I am happy to report that he is walking on his own this morning, and if all things continue to go well he should be home tomorrow.
The hardest parts are hopefully behind us but we still have a long way to go. Bucket will need to be kept in a small area, he shouldn't walk much, and definitely can't jump or use stairs for the next month. Greg and I are both trying to come up with good ways for us to keep him calm, keep him safe, and be there for him.
We already have several options for him to lay on, and a play pen for him to stay in - he hates crates and hasn't been in one (besides his hospital stay) for 7 years. We also need to watch that Fred (our shorkie baby) doesn't jump on him or wind him up.
Needless to stay we have cancelled our trip to Florida so unfortunately I won't be able to write about new restaurants and/or places to visit. Our boys are and will always be our priority.
Thank you to everyone who has prayed with us and sent positive thoughts.