After breakfast we picked up our stuff from our room and disembarked the ship (avoiding the staff dressed up for pictures)! We walked through Havensight Mall to the taxi line. The first person we spoke to agreed to take us to Magen's Bay as requested. While we were waiting another taxi driver told us he wanted to be honest with us and that Magen's Bay was closed due to contamination over the past few days. We thanked him for the information and decided to head to Sapphire Bay.
| || |
Back on board we I headed to Le Bistro. After last night's disaster in Cagney's I decided to pre-order my meal at Le Bistro for that evening. Afterwards we went back to our room to relax and ran into a big problem. Last night we received a note saying our balcony was going to be painted. Okay no problem! Problem! We could smell paint in the hallway outside our room. Greg thought it would end there but it didn't. Our room was completely contaminated with fumes. Paint for ships is extremely strong and we were immediately getting headaches. We contact our concierge who sent the floor supervisor to our room. The supervisor agreed that we couldn't stay in the room and asked us to give them a couple of hours. After a while we went downstairs to the guest services desk (as the supervisor told us to) and asked for an update. It took us 20-30 minutes to get an answer (not the fault of the staff at guest services he was wonderful). The room potentially needed some more work to clean it up so the staff member walked us up to our room to help with some luggage so we can use another room to shower and change for dinner. When we entered our room our concierge met us there and the room was a lot better. Adrian our concierge asked if we wouldn't mind stepping out for a few more hours (after showering) to bring in some more equipment to clean the air. Adrian also offered us a bottle of wine at Le Bistro that evening. The whole situation was annoying but I really felt that NCL handled it appropriately.
After dinner we ventured around the ship and popped into the extremely bad (not even funny) karaoke in Bliss Ultra Lounge.