One of the best perks about staying in the Haven on Norwegian Cruise Line is the Disembarking! We chose to walk off with our luggage since we had a long drive ahead of us. We headed up to the Haven lounge and the concierge asked us if we were ready or wanted breakfast first. We decided we were ready to leave. We were walked over to the service elevator and given priority access (over staff). We went down to the proper floor and Adrian our concierge met us and walked us along the red carpet directly to the pier (by passing an extremely long line of patrons also doing self-disembarking. Awesome!
The positives from our cruise:
1. Haven - incredible staff, restaurant, pool area, lounge, benefits, and feeling of relaxation and serenity.
2. Gym - well laid out and with plenty of machines
3. O'Sheehans - always fun in the afternoon
4. The food - with the exception of Cagney's the food on board was terrific!
5. The ports - with the exception of Nassau were a happy sight to see
The negatives from our cruise:
1. Always having to press buttons to open doors instead of having motion sensors
2. Balcony's - are incredibly small including Haven Penthouse Suites
3. Drink menus - are basically the same at every bar and they never had lavender for a particular drink
4. Smoking - is allowed in the casino which is open to other areas. (It wasn't as bad though as others experienced)
5. Photographers - There are too many photographers per floor and they block walkways and staircases
We drove from Miami to Hampton Inn Stafford/Quantico & Conference Center in Stafford VA. Along the way we stopped at Peach World for peaches and peach bread for our family. We also made a stop at our favorite farmers market! We have visited Pee Dee State Farmers Market numerous times and a must have are Sweet Potatoes!
The next day we drove back to Boston, hugged Fred, and collapsed in our bed! Home sweet home!